Monday, March 13, 2017

It's Okay; God is Amazing

Sometimes I feel broken. In fact, I'm not sure I am ever really whole. Life is hard sometimes. My heart is aching for the family and friends of a young father who recently died. Sudden death can be so difficult; there are no chances for goodbyes or last "I love you's". It is brutally crushing, yet life must go on for the living. But how? Everything has changed.

Most days I'm not that broken. I struggle with the pain of situations I can do nothing about. My heart hurts but I must continue to wait for time to reveal the future. I wait and pray and wonder. I ask for God's wisdom and attention to my need, yet I am unsure of God's will. He knows what is best; I don't.  He will bring good out of all the bad.

Sometimes my daily struggle is with physical pain. My physical body is old and tired. It is one pain after another and the challenge to find something to relieve it always escapes me. Others are in bed with an illness that has a cure. Yet, the day to day wait for healing is frustrating and painful. For others there are good days and bad days; burdened by emotional pain or chronic illness. Life is filled with brokenness, yet we have hope.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" (Isaiah 41:10 NIV).

I've read this verse many times before but today it really spoke to me and filled me with hope. I was taken aback by "do not be dismayed, for I am your God". He seemed to be saying to me, 'Come on Gloria, you know Me and you know that I love you. I am your God, you can trust Me. You shouldn't be so surprised! I've got this!'

It is okay that I am broken. God knows I am a sinner, that is why He sent Jesus to be our helper. Yes, He is with me, holding me in His hand, watching the world hurl dangers and frustrations my way. Sometimes He bats them away before they reach me and other times He is there to be my Comforter and Healer. God will strengthen me and help me and hold me up in His loving hands.

It is okay. God is amazing!

Thank you, God.





No comments:

Post a Comment