Thursday, May 25, 2017

Clear Vision

"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law" (Psalm 119:18 NIV).

Several months ago I noticed a change in my left eye. It seemed like my glasses' lens was always dirty. I kept cleaning my glasses, trying to get clear vision. It never seemed to improve. Then at night I noticed flashes of light along the far corner of my left eye. I waited for my next eye appointment about a month away, to address the puzzling issue with my doctor. She said it was a floater - yet another result of getting older. She said my eye would adjust to the floater being there and I wouldn't notice it so much in a matter of time.

Sometimes I wish God would allow me to see the world through His eyes, with His wisdom and understanding. I wish I could see myself as God sees me, both the good and the bad. I wonder how I look to God. He created me just as I am, so is He pleased with what He sees? Or is He often disappointed? Do I let God down? I'm sure I do. I sometimes wish I could see the bigger picture that God sees...the answers to prayer that come sometime in His future...the way things will work out...the working plan He has in place for the rest of my life and the lives of my children and grandchildren and even future great grandchildren.

I want God to open my eyes to the world around me. I want to be able to see His will for my life clearly. I want my life to be pleasing to my God and I want Him to be my focus and the Light that guides every step that I take. When I read God's Word I want to have it touch my heart with relevance that I can understand and apply to today. I want to be made aware of ways I can make a difference in someone's life by reflecting Jesus to him or her. I want my eyes to be open to see the beauty of God's creation all around me.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth," (Psalm 121:1-2 NIV).

Lord God, give me clear vision for Your Truth today and help me to see all that You have in store for me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment