Monday, May 15, 2017

Paraphrase of Psalm 91 For A Friend

A friend of mine recently found that she has cancer again. One of my daily devotionals encouraged me to read Psalm 91. I did and my friend came to mind immediately. This paraphrase is for her.

1 She who lives in the protection of her Heavenly Father will rest in the watchful sight of the Highest God.

2 She will say of the Lord, "You are my Protector and You build a wall around me, my God, I can rest in Your loving hands."

3 Just as God absolutely will keep you from the hunter's trap, He will also guard your body from the attack of cancer.

4 God will spread out His arms and His loving hold will keep you safe from harm; His faithfulness will surround you with a defensive force that no disease can infiltrate.

5 You will feel God's comfort as you confidently sleep in His arms when the darkness falls, and there is no fear in His light throughout the day,

6 For the cancer cells that linger in your body will not be a danger to you.

7 Though others may fall around you, danger will not come near you.

8 You will watch patiently as the Lord answers your prayers.

9 If you make the Holy Father your home--the Lord God will indeed dwell with you

10 And no illness will develop from those evil cells.

11 For the Most High God will instruct His angels to guard all your ways;

12 They will lift you up in their hands so you can not even stub your toe!

13 You will walk safely through medical tests and exams and escape with no results of concern.

14 "Because she loves me," says the Lord, "I will deliver her; I will protect her, because she knows my name and trusts in me.

15 She will call upon me, and I will hear her and answer her; I will be with her in every moment of fear, I will bring her through safely and heal her.

16 I will bless her with a long life and show her my everlasting salvation."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment