Wednesday, June 7, 2017

True Inspiration

What inspires you most in life?

It might depend on which area of life you need inspiration. There may be many different ways you are inspired. You may be inspired to do different things.

The American Heritage Dictionary defines inspiration as "Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity." Inspire is defined as "to fill with noble or reverent emotion; to stimulate creativity or action."

What do you need inspiration for, today? Today I am off to be inspired. I'll be attending a writers' workshop, listening to authors share their experiences and knowledge about publishing, writing proposals, editing, writing strategies and techniques, organization for writers, and even self-doubt. I'm always blessed by this workshop because it is a gathering of Christian writers and published authors who are willing to mentor and encourage others. Central to everyone is faith in God and a love of writing.

I have another area in my life where I am in desperate need of inspiration - wellness. I have had several temporary successes in the past with programs like Weight Watchers and Nourish but I continue to revert back to my bad eating habits and find excuses not to exercise. I know others have struggled with this problem, too; it's all over the media, everywhere you look.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work," (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV).

No matter what motivation you are looking for, the influence of scripture is what we need to depend on. I've started gathering scriptures that inspire wellness in my life. I have several pages of verses that can give me incentive to eat healthy and activate my physicality. I'm still working on collecting more scriptures that apply to my need for inspiration in this area. I must also develop a way to make these truths real in my life, every moment of every day.

I need God's inspiration for my writing and for my physical wellness. In what area of life do you need God's inspiration? Pray with me:

Lord God, I need Your true inspiration to touch every second of my day. Stimulate my creativity or action to be the person You created me to be. I need to hear Your Word of truth to guide me in the steps of Your will. I trust in You, God, and I thank you for hearing my cry for help. In Jesus' holy name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment