Monday, July 17, 2017

A Jar of Sun Tea

I just set a jar on our deck to make sun tea. That is one thing this Iowa summer weather does really well. All it takes is a clear glass jar, a few tea bags, and some water. The hot sun does the rest. The heat from the sun beats down on the jar of water and begins to steep the tea. Gradually the clear water gains some brown color from the tea leaves and the heat of the sun. Depending on the temperature, the sun tea will be ready in a few hours or less.

I'd like to think of myself as the jar of water and Jesus Christ as the tea. Once I accepted Jesus into my life as my Savior, my life began to change. The more time I spend with Jesus, the richer my life becomes. It is my desire to become more and more like Jesus everyday. I want Him to flavor my whole being with His perfect way. I want to reflect Him to others. I want others to see Jesus Christ in me. I want to be filled up to overflowing with His love for others and His goodness.

I will always be a sinner whose walk is imperfect compared to the footsteps of Christ. But He walks with me, directing my path, warning me of hazards, asking me to obey and to listen. And He loves me for the person He created me to be.

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless," (Psalm 84:11 NIV).

Thank you, Jesus, for coming into my life and living in me. I want to be like you, Jesus. Guard my heart from the evil one and lift my thoughts always to You, O Lord. Bless each one who reads this message today and touch them with Your presence and love. In Your Holy Name, I pray. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment