Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Press On

One of my favorite verses was written by Paul while he was in a Roman prison. I think I could write about this scripture every day for weeks and have a different topic each time. There is just so much that he says here that I need to hear and ponder. I hope as you read this again, something new jumps out at you and that thought sticks with you all day long, giving you a conversation topic to share with God.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus,"
(Philippians 3:12-14 NIV).

During a recent Bible study the assignment was to rewrite the scripture above in my own words, as a prayer. My version follows. Perhaps you would like to write your own version.

Lord God, please give me strength to keep working toward the purpose for which You have chosen me; I am not complete yet. Help me to leave behind my past mistakes and keep moving toward Your light, so that one day my sinfulness, which is covered by the blood of my Savior Jesus Christ, will be replaced by eternity with You, as You have promised.  God, I surrender myself to You and Your call for my life, and I trust in You and Your gift of the Holy Spirit and Your Holy Son, as I seek to follow Your lead toward forgiveness and perfection in Heaven. Thank You, Lord. Amen. (Philippians 3:12-14 Gloria's Version).

Press on, faithful friends, press on.


No comments:

Post a Comment