Monday, October 16, 2017

Depend On God Alone

It is a brilliantly sunny Monday morning. Though it is a chilly start to the day, the sunshine offers a promise of warming. And I love to be warm. Yesterday we were outside in a very brisk northwest wind. The sun's power didn't seem strong until we got in the car. The wind was blocked and the heat of the rays penetrated the glass to offer a toasty shelter. It was so appreciated!

My personal thermostat is fickle, if not completely haywire. The house can be the same temperature day in and day out but sometimes I shake with chills while other times I break into a sweat or feel perfectly comfortable.

Weather is one of the most changeable things I know. Especially when you plan something outdoors. In Iowa. Or on vacation. It seems whenever we plan a vacation in some warm climate we end up with  the rainiest, grayest days they have ever experienced. There was the time we left for the Wisconsin Dells before sunrise and drove through a flash flood in Cedar Rapids. Or when we visited Montana in July and it snowed in the mountains. We spent several rainy, cool days in San Francisco last year and this year it rained daily on the beaches of South Carolina.

"Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever," (Hebrews 13:7-8 NIV).

I am so thankful for Jesus who is my constant, unchanging, perfect Savior. I know Him and I can come to Him in any state and He will receive me with open arms, ready to offer correction, forgiveness, and unmerited grace and love. Who else is as trustworthy as our God? Certainly not the weatherman. There is No One like Him.

Father God, I ask You to spread Your unwavering love over us today. The world is in such a mess because it tries to function without You. Help us to seek You first every day. Draw us near and hold us with Your warm and loving arms. We need You alone, God. In the Name of Your Precious Son, Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment