Thursday, December 14, 2017

God's Plan to Save Us

...Started with Baby Jesus. From the beginning of time - Creation - God had a plan for us. He desired man and woman to be in a relationship with Him. A loving, perfect relationship. But humankind quickly disappointed Him with sin. One sin after another. He forgave them and they sinned again. And again. Just like you and me. Man sacrificed flawless animals before God as he sought a remedy for his sinfulness. The altars became covered with the blood sacrifices, staining the ground below, again and again.

David wrote this prophecy of Jesus, "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. Then I said, "Here I am, I have come--it is written about me in the scroll. I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." (Psalm 40:6-8 NIV).

God had to send a Savior who would come into the world and begin to fulfill every prophecy written about Him for hundreds of years. Throughout the Old Testament Jesus was revealed as a Savior King who would rule the world and bring us eternal salvation so we could live with Him forever.

Immanuel, meaning God with us, would come as a baby born of a virgin. The most perfect infant, created without sin by the Holy Spirit. God in human form. Solus Christus. Christ alone.

"Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; with burnt offerings and sin offerings you were not pleased. Then I said, 'Here I am--it is written about me in the scroll--I have come to do your will, O God.'" (Hebrews 10:5-7 NIV).

There aren't enough fireworks, fancy decorated cakes, noisemakers, piƱatas, or solemn candlelit nights to properly celebrate the arrival of our Savior.

We must give Him our total being. We must be all-in for Jesus... His worshipers, His followers, His believers, His glorifiers in all that we are, all that we say, and all that we do. It is His will.

Amen.

SDG


No comments:

Post a Comment