Thursday, February 22, 2018

Lonely Snowy Days

Its is snowing outside and it has been a nasty week in Iowa with some freezing rain that glazed every surface. Most places melted clean yesterday in Ankeny. However, I'm sure there are many shadowed or sheltered areas that remain treacherous. I'm thinking of a special friend of mine who may be feeling isolated from the world, especially today.
Geese on the snow last week.

I ache for my friend who is alone on her 60th wedding anniversary, missing her beloved husband. The weather isn't cooperating for the drive to visit the cemetery, if she wanted to. Nor is it safe enough for her to venture out where she might be distracted by the small talk of others.

The house holds memories that continually chatter; "I'm his chair." "His side of the bed." "Where he ate his meals." "I hold his shirts and socks." "He made me for you."

I cannot imagine her pain or loneliness. But, I will hold her in my prayers all day long. Who do you know that might be struggling with loneliness today? Can you give them a call? Or pray for them right now?

I'm thankful for the love of God that can fill every empty and hurting heart.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord," (Romans 8:38-39 NIV).


No comments:

Post a Comment