Thursday, March 15, 2018

Hope of Redemption

God uses imperfect people. Thank goodness! Abraham lied. Isaak lied, Jacob deceived. And David lusted, and murdered to gain a beautiful woman as his own. Peter denied Jesus. Yet, God loved them and blessed them and used them in mighty ways.

""You will all fall away," Jesus told them, "for it is written: 'I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.' But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee." Peter declared, "Even if all fall away, I will not." "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "today--yes, tonight--before the rooster crows twice you yourself will disown me three times." But Peter insisted emphatically, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." And all the others said the same," (Mark 14:27-31 NIV).

Only one person has ever lived without sin: Jesus Christ. The rest of us are sinners; imperfect; just struggling to get through this life making the best of our bodies, minds and souls; using them to create something positive in the world around us.

Christians want to live a perfect life as Jesus did. That is our goal, to be like Jesus. That was Peter's goal, too. He truly loved Jesus and was a faithful follower, but when it came to risking his own reputation and perhaps his life, Peter denied his connection to Jesus. Three times.

How many times do we deny Jesus in our own lives? I don't want to see God's tally of my sins. My only hope is in Jesus. By repenting before my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, His forgiveness and redemption, and God's 'Amazing Grace' is mine.

My NIV Life Application Study Bible notes for John 3:18 say the only thing we need to fear in life is eternal condemnation in hell. When we believe in Jesus Christ and ask for forgiveness of our sins, we open the door for Grace to wash over us and make us pure and holy before our God.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son," (John 3:16-18 NIV).

Believe in Him today;
Redemption is yours forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment