Thursday, March 1, 2018

Plunging Into The Details

I started my day with a plugged toilet. Nice huh? My otherwise pleasant mood quickly turned to one of frustration and embarrassment. Ever have a day like that?

I certainly would never think of starting my blog with this experience but I think God wants me to share my everyday, down-in-the-dirt, uglier-than-a-rotten potato moments to show you that I am human. I am a sinner. I mess up big-time.

Life isn't all fragrant lilacs and delicious cheesecake. I go to Jesus with my smallest issues: the lost car keys; the low fuel light; the hurtful utterance made to my husband; the angry thought I couldn't avoid; and the hope for an acceptable hemoglobin so I can give blood. I think because Jesus loves us so much, He desires us to share everything that is important to us with Him. He sees us through each situation and brings us out humbly or graciously in the end.

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives," (Psalm 37:23 NLT).

Although the New Living Translation takes some liberty with the original scripture, I like its paraphrase of this verse. I believe that Jesus wants us to be so close to Him in our daily lives that we share every detail with Him and we allow Him to correct our thinking and direct our steps as we move through the day. And I love being next to Jesus in every moment. His love and guidance make my day so much better than when I try it on my own.

With Jesus at my side I feel protected, sheltered from the daily storms, counseled, and loved no matter what my grade for the day will be. I desperately need His precious love to lift me up and encourage me to do the right thing.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight," (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV).

Thank you, Jesus for showing us the way to get through the messy details of life with You at our side. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment