Thursday, May 31, 2018

God Always

God with us.

There was a day when I was so depressed that I was hospitalized. I remember walking the hallway over and over, praying for relief. I finally reached a corner where I crouched down and curled up in almost a fetal position, crying out to God for help. The relief didn't come instantly, but I knew God was with me.

"...they will call him Immanuel--which means, "God with us.", (Matthew 1:23 NIV).

God over us.

John and I were stranded in a desert in Utah, 35 miles from the closest blacktop road. The tie rod of our vehicle was broken. We could have gone over the cliff of a road that God hid from us, instead God saved us, and our vehicle sat stranded in a gully.

"One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all," (Ephesians 4:6 NIV).

God in us.

I am shy, and it can be painfully difficult to meet new people and talk to them. Still I need not fear for God is in me, and through the Holy Spirit, He can work in me to give me love for others. God gives us the people He wants us to love. And He gives us the strength to love them.

"No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us," (1 John 4:12 NIV).

"For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose," (Philippians 2:13 NIV).

No matter our circumstance, God is there. 
He is with us, over us, and in us.
God always. Always God.

1 comment: