Thursday, May 17, 2018

Praising God With A Full Heart

Today I opened my eyes to a beautiful sunrise and my heart felt so full of the blessings God has given. It is a good day to give praise to the Lord, to lift up my arms and rejoice the wonderful God I worship and give Him the praise He deserves everyday.

My Bible opened to Psalm 18 and the devotionals I read today all reinforced my desire to worship, praise and exalt my God. My heart is bursting with love for His mercy, forgiveness and grace that I receive. "How Great Thou Art"!

"Jesus Calling" reminded me that God is a God of abundance. There is no limit to His love for us. "Jesus Calling" for May 17 says, "It is impossible for you to comprehend the lavishness of My provisions: the fullness of My glorious riches." Abundance, lavishness, fullness...what an awesome God we serve!

"Our Daily Bread" for May 17 was titled "Praising God's Goodness" and suggests writing our own psalm to describe how God has been at work in our lives.

But, Cynthia Ruchti wrote in today's devotional in "Mornings with Jesus" that "No language on earth can adequately describe Jesus." She wrote: He is "Above all. Beyond all. In all. All."

It is all about You, Yahweh. I lift praise to you today and worship You, the God Almighty, the One, the Only, the Great Jehovah!

"I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies," (Psalm 18:1-3 NIV).

I was reminded of a special bookmark a dear friend crocheted for me that lists God is my: "Strength, Friend, Wisdom, Hope, Security, Life, Guide, Joy, Provider, Help, Defender, Peace and Counselor." And "All He is. He is for you!"

Truly, we are so blessed to have God in control of the immense world and His eternal plan for every living thing. This gives me comfort when the news shows us only destruction and chaos and evil. God has a plan and we are in it.

"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them." (Psalm 145:18-19 NIV).

Reverently, honestly, Lord, we bow to worship You, Our Creator, today and everyday. Thank you for each blessing in our lives today. The sunrise, the clouds, our family, the green grass and singing birds, the promise of eternity with you because of Jesus Christ our Savior. It is all too much, Lord. Thank you. Thank you.

Your watchful eye, Your helping, healing hand;
Each minute, each second is in Your control;
Thank you, Lord. Thank you for Your blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Keep on, dear friend. Your blog has lifted me out of the dim place today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful devotion, Gloria. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete