Monday, June 18, 2018

Words To Glorify God

It's Monday morning and I am feeling pressured by the piles of laundry, a dishwasher to empty, water aerobics to get to, groceries to get because there is no milk or fresh food, plants to water before the sun suffocates them, and a book bag filled with precious notes from a great writers' workshop. Everything will get done in its own time but this blog needs to be written first.

Tools
A wonderful 2018 Cedar Falls Christian Writers Workshop is in the books. I was blessed greatly by the speakers, the people I met and enjoyed, and the information that was shared. I think what God impressed on me, over and over, was to seek Him first...before I write, before I do anything. I know that God is always with me, but sometimes I forget to trust. I forget to accept His presence as the resource that is way better than GPS, road signs, a smart phone, a wise best friend, maps, or Siri-all put together.

Writing is something I do because I love it. I am a vessel that overflows with words, forcing their way out of my head and onto the computer screen. Sometimes they come easily and the flow seems unstoppable and never ending. Other times the outside noise clutters up the spout and the words seem to fall out in globs of thoughts or pieces of work.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer," (Psalm 19:14 NIV).

I claim a portion of another scripture as my personal theme. "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible,'" (Matthew 19:26 NIV).

Lord, as I begin a new day, be in me, work with me, and speak through me with words that touch hearts with Your love. May the Glory be Yours, O God. Amen.


2 comments:

  1. See what I mean--you are sooooooooo gifted, and you are definitely a wordsmith. Thank you for blessing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I was also at the workshop. Wish I'd met you!

    ReplyDelete