Sunday, August 19, 2018

Frustration With Myself

Have you ever made a note to yourself and then weeks or months later found the note and realized that you didn't follow-through with whatever you had written down. I just did. Post-it notes are really helpful if you read them. I don't know how many times I've cleared off my computer screen notes because I wasn't even noticing them anymore.

I'm ashamed to say that on June 22, shortly after attending the Cedar Falls Christian Writers Workshop, I made a note to myself to submit one freelance article a month. Then I listed the months and here it is the end of August and I haven't written one solitary article. So much for holding myself accountable.

When I read the devotional from Jesus Calling for August 20 I realized that I didn't back up my list with prayer. How foolish! The author, Sarah Young, says, "there is more--much more--available to those who ask." She is talking about asking God for what we want.

"You do not have, because you do not ask God," (James 4:2c NIV).

Had I asked, God would have helped me make time to write and would have given me the topic and even the place to send the article. But, I didn't take time to stop and pray about it.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened," (Matthew 7:7-8 NIV).

Forgive me, Lord, for thinking I could do anything without You. Nothing I do on my own will be a success. Thank you for reminding me that, "I need Thee every hour...I need Thee, O I need Thee; Every hour I need Thee; O bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee!" ("I Need Thee Every Hour" by Annie S. Hawks and Robert Lowry, in 1872.


No comments:

Post a Comment