Monday, October 13, 2014

Living in a Cloud

It's a foggy morning and I can only see a portion of what I usually view from my windows. It's like living inside a cloud. I'm so thankful that every day is not like this. Fog encompasses you with its gloom and prevents the sun from coming through. Fog is dangerous to drive in. It makes me very nervous when I can't see at intersections. I roll down my windows and turn off the radio and try to listen hard for approaching traffic. When it is quiet, I venture out to make my turn. Mostly it takes faith to move forward cautiously when you can't see what is around you.

When I'm safely inside I think about how God is like the dense fog. When you seek Him, He is close to you, surrounding you with His presence, sheltering you from the evil that lurks in dark alleys. His voice is quiet but strong; He speaks right in your ear with warm words you understand. His voice is calming and tender, yet bold and straightforward. His arms hug you tightly until you are relaxed and feel greatly loved. That's what it's like to be with God. The world is closed out and you alone are His.

"Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him" (Hebrews 11:6 NIV).

I want to please God with my eager pursuit. I seek Him with faith. I believe in Him. I want to live in the cloud of God where I'm protected from the world and its evil. I want to rest in His loving arms and absorb all that He can teach me.  And mostly, I want to experience His rewards.

No comments:

Post a Comment