Thursday, November 5, 2015

Gray Skies

This has been a week of morning gray skies. The clouds or fog have rolled in nearly every morning and hidden the sun from our sight. It makes me feel cold as I look over the leaf-bare trees, but the weather has been mild. The grayness just seems to beckon a chill; it is probably because the sun isn't warming me through the windows. Still, I am called to be thankful for bleak days as well as the sunny ones.

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care" (Psalm 95:1-7 NIV).

Today we have clouds that are supposed to develop into rain later in the day. In the Midwest we need a mix of sun and rain for the trees and plants to grow. Our beautiful black soil holds a bounty of vitamins to help things grow in season. God created the unique features of every land formation with His own hands. Just as we are the flock under His care, God blesses the land and the skies with what it needs to thrive.

As I look out over the fall landscape shrouded in the blanket of gray skies, I am thankful for the blessing of change. I know that when the sun next appears, I will rejoice with a thankful heart for its return. God knows what is best for us and the gray skies remind us that He is in control. I praise God for the variety He created in our lives. On bended knee I lift my praise to Him with thanksgiving; yes, even for the gray skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment