Monday, December 14, 2020

The Expectant Mother

Mary, dressed in blue with a cloth covering her head, petite, young and lovely...this is how I picture Mary the mother of Jesus. It may be a false image but it's one that has developed by seeing many nativity programs over the years.


The facts from the Bible are that Mary was a virgin. She was highly favored by God and the Lord was with her. Mary was pledged to marry a man named Joseph. She would bear a child - the Messiah, God's promised Savior, God's Son.

Mary willingly accepted the remarkable choice God had made in selecting her, "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said," (Luke 1:38 NIV).

What a brave and trusting girl she was. I've often wondered how Mary endured the doubters' ridicule and even Joseph's questioning thoughts.

If only I could be as brave and trusting as Mary. Imagine how my life might be different.

Let us accept Mary's attitude toward God's directing of our lives and say - "I am the Lord's servant."

Use me, Lord, and let me be open to all that you say. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment