Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Wind

The wind has been fierce this spring. March is supposed to be a windy month and it was. But April has had its own windiness. I don'r remember such wind so often in any spring. Perhaps it has been this way and I just don't remember. I remember my mother never liked the strong winds. So maybe its an old age thing. 

Still, this spring has been exceptional with wind. It seems we've had two or three windy days then one calm one, then two or three windy days again and so on. I'm tired of the wind. Iowa has already had multiple tornados which seems very early. I hope that isn't an indication of what is to come for summer.

"The Lord said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave,"(1 King 19:11-13 NIV).

Elijah recognized God's voice in the gentle whisper. God doesn't always speak in powerful ways, but instead He speaks in the quiet whisper that Elijah heard. So it isn't God in the wind necessarily, instead we should listen for God in the quietness of a day. God can speak however He wants to speak but I prefer to think of Him speaking in the quiet moments of life.

Thank you, God for the quiet days without wind. Let them remind me of You and let me listen for Your voice. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment