Monday, September 11, 2023

Football Season

I love football season. College football has to come first, but I follow some pro football teams as well. John has always enjoyed watching football so since we first got married and got a television we have watched it together. Recently he has started quizzing me about football. Sometimes I know the correct answer but usually I don't. He tries to teach me something new every game day.

I wish I had someone to teach me something new about the Bible everyday. Actually I have several resources to use that help me learn something new about Jesus. First, my big study Bible is always open on my desk, making it easy to look up anything I'm in need of. I love to turn to a random page and read what I have highlighted or underlined. I am always blessed by the verses I read. 

Second, I have a daily devotional to read every morning. The one-page writings by women offer "daily encouragement for your soul". I really enjoy these devotionals, especially as a start to my day. They uplift me and give me encouragement and positivity. I also have several brief messages that come to my phone every day, offering a scripture or a brief devotional. All these things help me get through my personal "game day".

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done," (Philippians 4:6 NLT).

Thank you, God, for all the ways You teach us and help us each day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment