Thursday, June 26, 2014

New Beginnings

Welcome to my blog. This is a work in progress as I begin to gather and post collections of my writing to share with others.

Since childhood I wanted to be a writer and the dream came true when I was hired by my hometown weekly newspaper in 1990. I was fortunate to have a caring boss who mentored me for several years as I learned the ins and outs of news media and writing in a small town. By year five the learning bug bit hard and I enrolled in the local community college taking all the English and media related courses possible, plus the requirements I needed for an Associates in Arts degree.

I soon gave up my newspaper job and focused on my education. Earning my AA degree in Dec. 1996 and my BA degree in Dec. 1998 with a major in Journalism and Mass Communication with a minor in English. Fortunately, I was hired as a supervisor of media relations at Iowa Valley Community College District where I worked for 12 years.

My passion is for sharing stories that strengthen the reader's faith or encourage exploring his or her spiritual or emotional journey in life. I write inspirational non fiction in several formats and hope to bless you with a tidbit of positivity when I share a blog.

Thanks for reading and if by chance something touches your heart I would truly appreciate hearing from you. Thanks for joining me on this journey.

1 comment:

  1. Gloria:

    I think you are beautiful & courageous. I love your writing.

    Warm regards,


    Your New AZ Amiga

    ReplyDelete