Monday, September 22, 2014

Being Young

"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity" (1 Timothy 4:12 NIV).

Where has this scripture been all my life? Why haven't I noticed it before? What an amazing message for our youth to hear and know! I love what it says. Even though I now feel myself in the 'old' category, I am still younger than some so it applies to me and to you - whatever age you are. It speaks to new Christians and old Christians alike.

"Set an example for other followers by what you say and do, as well as by your love, faith and purity" (1 Timothy 4:12b CEV).

"Be their ideal; let them follow the way you teach and live; be a pattern for them in your love, your faith and your clean thoughts" (1 Timothy 4:12b Living Bible).

We have a responsibility to help lead others to faith through our life, love, faith and purity. What a great reminder the Word has provided to me today through this verse. Share this with every young person you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment