Monday, November 3, 2014

Mornings

We are back in Standard time as of 2 a.m. yesterday.  It's always nice to get that extra hour of sleep and now, according to the clock, the sun rises an hour earlier. My body wakes up at the same time as always. That's the luxury of retirement I guess, getting up with an internal clock rather than an alarm. God's blessed us with beautiful sunrises both mornings but they have been sneaky - come and gone as the clouds moved to block the sun. I've always been a morning person until retirement. Now I don't mind sleeping in occasionally, if the internal clock permits.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV).

I accomplish much more if I get up early and start on a project. I like having a plan for what to do. That's one thing I miss from working. My days were always busy when I worked and I usually had a firm schedule to follow that typically went beyond the 40 hour week. Now I set my own "to do" list and can can decide "to don't" if I want to.

"My times are in your hands," (Psalms 31:15a NIV).

Prayer: Lord, be with us and let us cherish the mornings you give us. Guide our bodies and minds to use the gift of time we are granted to bring glory to Your Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment