Thursday, December 4, 2014

Good day to Praise God

I had a bad day on Monday. After I finished my blog and accomplished several other tasks the day went down hill. It was time to put the tree up so I hauled the necessary equipment from the basement and proceeded to put up our 25 year old artificial tree. It's been time to replace it for several years but I always thought, 'just one more year' because it looked good when it was decorated. I proceeded to put it all together, then came the ornaments. I have a large box of sheep ornaments. About 98% of the ornaments on our tree are sheep. I always enjoy looking at all of the different sheep as I put them on the tree.

There are sheep in sweaters, wooly sheep, fluffy sheep, wax sheep, ceramic sheep, sheep with wiggly legs, a sheep that sings, a sheep finger puppet, sheep in wagons, sheep faces, patriotic sheep, sheep bells, wooden sheep, sheep in a barn, sheep at the manger, a shepherd holding a lamb, sheep on sheep, sheep with bows, sheep on sleds, silly sheep, and peaceful sheep.

I was nearing the bottom of the box when as I placed another ornament on the tree, the tree fell over. On me. Ornaments went scattering everywhere. I grabbed the center trunk and held it but there was no chance at steadying it or getting it to stand again. The tree stand was broken. So I spent the next hour or so removing the ornaments from the tree and putting them back in the box while holding up the tree. Glad no one was watching. It must have been a hilarious sight. Once I had all the ornaments safely in the box I let the tree fall to the floor, lights and all.

After the man of the house officially announced there was no hope for the tree the clean up began and a new tree was purchased. It took several hours to get the new tree together but we have a decorated tree in the house again and hopefully it won't be falling over for at least 25 years.

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him my Savior and my God" (Psalm 43:5 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment