Thursday, April 16, 2015

Crazy Bird

Our crazy female cardinal is back at work. The couple may have wintered here also but her antics don't begin until spring is in full swing. Mrs. Cardinal is addicted to flying into our windows. She sits on the bushes right outside our windows or on a beam near the high front windows and flies into the window repeatedly, one after another. I have proof. There are bird feather prints all over the windows she chooses to attack.

There is a loud thud when she hits the window but she doesn't seem to be hurt because she does it again and again. Seven times a minute she flies against the window. All day long with a few pauses throughout the day. I just don't understand what she is trying to do and why it is just this one female cardinal that does it. I need an ornithologist or a bird psychiatrist to explain why she does this.

Perhaps she sees something inside that she wants or she sees her own reflection? I don't know. I'll try washing away her marks on the windows but I'm not too hopeful that she will change her ways. She kind of reminds me of me. Trying something unsuccessful and just repeating it over and over even though it doesn't work. Perhaps that's the message she has for me. Try something new, a fresh approach, a different idea and maybe I'll be successful.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them" (Matthew 6:26 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment