Monday, February 29, 2016

Believe In The Word

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it" (John 14:12-14 NIV).

What a blessing those words are to us if only we believe. Our pastor shared a story yesterday about a missionary in Africa who went to encourage new pastors. He asked for a show of hands of those who had witnessed a healing. There were two hands that went up so he asked the first pastor about it. He said, "it says you can heal in the "Book" and I believed it." He touched a man and the man was healed. The missionary then asked the second man who raised his hand about what he had seen and that man said, "I was the man he healed."

I can't tell the story as Pastor Scott did but I was so moved by this that I had to share it with you. If only we would have the faith of those new pastors every day. They were new to their faith and had been trained to be Christian pastors in a very short time. But their faith was complete. They believed what they read in the Bible and were ready to live out their life serving others and teaching about Jesus Christ. If only we would believe with such conviction and trust in God to be healed in the way those in the Bible were healed or the pastor in Africa was healed.

Just believe. It sounds so simple, yet we seem to struggle with our rationalizations or attitudes of undeserving, or questioning God's will. The Word remains true and ready for us if we will just seek out what it says to us.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you" (John 14:1-2 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment