Thursday, March 31, 2016

God's Treasured Possession

"Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name. "They will be mine," says the Lord Almighty, "in the day when I make up my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as in compassion a man spares his son who serves him. And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not."" (Malachi 3:16-18 NIV).

God's treasured possession is you. What an amazing realization this is!

For many years I based my self worth on things that I did and sometimes that wasn't much of anything.Those were painful and difficult years. I thought that being a stay-at-home mother made me unworthy, even lazy. I thought that because I didn't have a college education I was stupid and lazy. When I turned 30 I thought that everyone looked down on me because I had nothing to show for myself.

Once I was able to accept that God loves me just as I am, I was able to see that I had self worth; that I was worthy and worthwhile. I began to believe in myself and I was able to push myself to earn a college education and a profession. I know that stay-at-home mothers are of great value and immense worth. Even retired grandma's are God's treasured possessions when they are faithful to their Creator.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy." (1 Peter 2:9-10 NIV).

We are chosen to have a relationship with Jesus Christ and to live lives that reflect God's goodness to others so they can know Jesus, too. Remember that your value is set by God, not by what you do or where you live, or by what club you belong to. God loves you and treasures you. Lift your praise to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment