Thursday, March 17, 2016

Our Helper

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you" (Isaiah 41:13 NIV).

What a comforting verse! No matter what I am facing, God will take hold of my hand and walk me through it all. I never have to face the unknown without Him. No matter what each new day holds, I have no reason to fear because I am blessed with God's presence and protection. He stands over me, sheltering me from the storm; He surrounds me on all sides so the enemy cannot knock me down. He covers me with a blanket of warmth when I am shivering; He moves the clouds away to reveal the sun. God is our Helper, our Guide, our Encourager.

John and I are facing some big changes ahead in our life and sometimes it feels a little overwhelming. The unknowns of changes always seem to hang overhead, creating concerns and stress. The little fears I feel grow a little larger when I lift my eyes off of Jesus. Thankfully, when I refocus on Him they deflate and fall away. But it feels like a constant battle inside that sometimes gets out of control.
It is then that I reach out and take God's hand and hold it tight, trusting in His strength to pull me through.

At the end of May 2016 John and I will move to a house in Ankeny. We will leave behind our beloved acreage and live in a city. John is getting closer to retirement but plans, at this point, to keep working for a year or two. We move away from our home church and are unsure what our role will be in the future. We trust in God to show us His plan for our future. We are depending on God, our Helper, to lead us through the changes and challenges ahead.

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever" (Psalm 23:1-6 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment