Thursday, September 28, 2017

Be Lifted Up!

Sometimes I get overwhelmed by my sinfulness. I feel so inadequate when I stand before God and reveal my mistakes and shortfalls. But the burdens of the past get too heavy to carry around every day. I need to drop them at His feet and pick up His forgiveness and accept the freedom Jesus Christ won for me when He went to the cross.

But, it isn't always easy. My feet get tangled up in the bag's strings and I end up dragging my burdens behind me. That is exhausting. So, I end up sitting down to mope.

"Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up," (James 4:10 NIV).

My personality has made it easy to humble myself before God and everyone else. I grew up with a low self esteem and it was incredibly hard for me to believe that God could love me. I had to realize that God created me. He made me to be the way I am. He knew before I was born what my life would entail. He saw the mistakes I would make. He knew I would have struggles and He knew I would seek Him. And He knew that I would find Him.

God does the same for you. He wants each of His children to come to Him, to desire Him, and to live their lives for Him. On bended knee I come to Him, begging for His forgiveness, surrendering myself before Him, asking Him to lead me in His will today, tomorrow, and every day I may have to live.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast your anxiety on him because he cares for you," (1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV).

God will reach down and lift you up to your feet so you can walk ahead and live the ultimate life He has prepared for you with Jesus Christ.

May you realize His truth and His love in your life today and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment