Monday, November 12, 2018

Grace, Grace, God's Grace

Thank you, God, for Your grace.

Freely given, undeserved, unearned, impossibly repaid, perfect, holy, and righteous; thank you, God for Your grace.

I think back over my sinful life and I am overwhelmed by the gift of God's grace. He comes to my soiled life and wraps me in a blanket of white, covering the stains of past mistakes and wrongs, and erasing them with His love. He gives me a new life to live, desiring it to be rich in service to others, filled with kindness, gentleness, compassion and love.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do," (Ephesians 2:8-10 NIV).

There is a plan for me. God prepared it for me, even before I believed. He created me in Jesus by His own workmanship. He made me who I am. To do what He needs me to do; to be who He needs me to be. One step forward in time to share the grace He has given me. So I can be like His Son Jesus, My Father, My Brother, My Savior.

"Grace, grace, God's grace, Grace that will pardon and cleanse within; Grace, grace, God's grace, Grace that is greater than all our sin," ("Marvelous Grace of Our Loving Lord" by Julia H. Johnston, 1911).

What a fortunate people we are to have such a loving God, who wants us to be His so badly that He sent His Son to save us. 

I will sing of His glorious Grace all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment