Thursday, May 9, 2019

His Plans Stand

The house is quiet, except for the furnace running on this cool, gray day in May. It is the perfect time to talk to God. "Good morning, God. Thank you for this morning; for the sun above the clouds and for this quiet time with You, Lord. I depend on You every moment of every hour. Thank you for listening to my prayers, for guiding me through each day. Show me Your presence throughout this day so I can stay close to you. I pray for each person who reads this blog, that they may be blessed by Your presence and protection all day long."

"The Lord foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance. From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind; from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth--he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do," (Psalm 33:10-15 NIV).

Our God is so much bigger than I give Him credit for. Only He can hear all the prayers of His people. Only He can respond. Only He can touch me through a word, the flight of a bird, or a thoughtful deed. He is in every moment I experience.

"Awaken me to Your purposes, O Lord. May I live within Your plans this day and remember You always. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment