Thursday, March 4, 2021

Come All Who are Weary

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light," (Matthew 11:28-30 NIV).

I love this scripture. It is one of my favorites. It gives me peace. I need to read it over and over again at times when I feel weary and burdened. It especially touched me when I was struggling with depression. My heart was so heavy I could barely think clearly. 

Jesus offered these words of comfort to those seeking freedom from their burdens of sin, slavery, heavy demands by religious leaders and more. He promises us the same freedom today from whatever is weighing us down. Reading these words of hope lifts the heaviness from our shoulders or our hearts.

Being yoked with Jesus makes our life easier. We live with hope and find peace as we walk with Him. Jesus is gentle and humble and offers us comfort from our burdens. What a blessing we have in Him!

If you feel weary and burdened, may you find the love of Jesus is exactly what you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment