Monday, March 1, 2021

Life is a Puzzle

Winter days of our retirement are often filled with doing jigsaw puzzles.  We have completed eight this year on my new puzzle board that was a gift from my son's family. It has drawers for sorting pieces. Sorting is a major part of doing a puzzle. First we pick out all the pieces with a straight side for the border. 

Then we sort by color or an object that is dominate in the puzzle. Sometimes it gets to the point of matching sizes and shapes of the pieces. Puzzling takes time and patience.We have fun working on them together. We take pieces and make something whole again, a beautiful picture. 

Life is like a puzzle, full of pieces that fit together. We start as an infant and the pieces continue to accumulate as we grow. We are constantly adding pieces that fit with the rest and make us whole only when our life is complete. Some pieces change us, others expand a certain part of us. But always we are growing.

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple," (Psalm 27:4 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment