Monday, August 9, 2021

Have Hope

Sometimes we need a little hope. With faith in God we have hope; our hope is in Jesus. Whatever we are facing we can trust God to be there with us. He hears our prayers and He loves us. There is nothing He can't do. He is the source of miracles. Have hope.

"We who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul. firm and secure," (Hebrews 6:18b-19 NIV).

It seems every week I hear of another cancer attack upon someone. My heart is filled with prayers for those suffering with cancer or the treatment of cancer. There are those who suffer from other physical ailments also. There are many who need prayer. God hears and He cares.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see," (Hebrews 11:1 NIV).

An old hymn speaks to this hope we must hold on to, "My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less" by Edward Mote in 1834. William Bradbury added the music in 1863.

"My hope is build on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness; I dare not trust and sweetest frame, But wholly lean on Jesus' name.  When darkness veils His lovely face, I rest on His unchanging grace; In every high and stormy gale, My anchor holds within the veil.  His oath, His covenant, His blood Support me in the whelming flood; When all around my soul gives way He then is all my hope and stay. When he shall come with trumpet sound, O may I then in Him be found; Dressed in His righteousness alone, Faultless to stand before the throne. 

On Christ the solid rock I stand; All other ground is sinking sand, All other ground is sinking sand."

May you have hope in Jesus in all that you face today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment