Thursday, July 14, 2022

Be an Encourager

The main purpose for writing this blog is to encourage others. Sometimes I hit the mark and others not so much but it still is my goal to encourage. I have had times when I needed encouragement and others have done or said something that has lifted me up. I was very shy when I was growing up and I needed lots of encouragement to even speak up. I had a very low self esteem so I needed the encouragement I received from my Bible study group. My life has been made better because of the encouragers who have helped me along the way. That's what I try to do in this blog.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing,"                         (1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV).

My Life Application Study Bible lists a checklist of ways to encourage others. It suggests pointing out a quality you appreciate in them. Say thank you to leader for their efforts. Cooperate with leaders. Withhold critical comments. Offer to work together to draw someone into your project. Pray for those who seem weak in faith. Do not seek revenge. Be joyful. Always count on God's power to strengthen you.

Lift up your face to God on this beautiful summer day. Rejoice in the life you have to live today. Remember to reach out to the bashful or quiet ones and help them enter your circle of friends. Make this a better day by encouraging someone to be happy. 

Today is my daddy's heavenly birthday and tomorrow is my mother's heavenly birthday. I miss them both. They were true encouragers in their lives. I hope to be like them.

God bless you as you encourage others this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment