Thursday, October 6, 2022

Speaking Prayers

Prayer is an important part of my life. I pray throughout the day as things come to mind. I pray when I'm driving. I pray at bedtime. I know that I can turn to God in any moment and He will hear me. He hears my thoughts so even what I think about becomes a prayer. God is ever present. Prayer is talking to God with passion and concern and love. I'm so thankful that I can turn to God anytime and He will listen.

I am privileged to have a group of friends that I call my prayer warriors. I'm so thankful they pray for me and my concerns. Sometimes it is just too hard to pray for myself. I don't know why. I should be able to talk to God about myself but I can't. 

Many of you know I have been waiting for hand surgery for more than a year now and the surgery got delayed because I had a small spot on my hand that the doctor was concerned could become infected so it had to heal. It's been a month and a half that I've been cautious and concerned. The spot has healed. Another spot appeared and it has now healed so I'm waiting the next week and hoping nothing happens to my hand. It is hard protecting a hand you are so used to using all the time. I've been wearing a mitten to protect it and to remind myself not to use it.

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insights, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God," (Philippians 1:9-11 NIV).

You have been prayed for today. May you in turn pray for someone else. May God bless you and cover you in care. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment