Thursday, October 13, 2022

Today

 

“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”

Hebrews 13:8 NIV

 

Every morning I get up and check my calendar. I still use a paper calendar that I can write on. I like to read what today holds for me and I can also see the week or a month ahead all at once. I keep track of birthdays, anniversaries and appointments. That way I can see what cards I need to purchase or send in the mail.

 

But there is also something good about focusing just on today. It is wise to stay in the moment so we can experience the surprises God has in store for us. Once the moment is gone we can’t get it back. Today is the present time we can cherish for a fleeting moment. A smile, a greeting, a card in the mail, a phone call from a friend, an appropriate song on the radio…blessings that only happen today.

 

 

Lord, make me aware of the blessings you send to me today.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment