Monday, November 7, 2022

Not So Handy

Most of you know that I had right hand surgery in October so I haven’t been writing my blog for a few weeks. I’m back. I can now move my fingers enough to type two-handed so it will go faster than trying with just one hand. I also had Mohs surgery on my left hand last week that limited my use of that hand for a few days. It has been challenging, to say the least. It wouldn’t have been possible without my dedicated husband. John has been wonderful.

 

I have my right hand in a splint rather than a cast and the stitches were removed so I have steri-strips over the incisions. It was a 6-hour surgery so I still have some slight swelling made better by keeping it raised above my heart all night and as much as possible during the day. John created a device to hang my hand up. He used a ladder with a pvc pipe attached by drilling a hole through it and screwing it to the ladder. There is another hole drilled at the opposite end where he attached a hook for hanging the sling that was used in the hospital. It has worked well. 

 

The stitches in my left hand will come out on the 16th. I can’t make a fist with that hand but my fingers are free to move now. I have learned to have patience and to accommodate inabilities with the abilities I have. 

 

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to be in plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether living in plenty or want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength,” (Philippians 4:12-13 NIV). 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment