Monday, November 21, 2022

Thanksgiving Preparation

One important part of the Thanksgiving meal is the planning. Here I am at 2 a.m. ready to do some planning. I was wide awake so what better time to get things done. As I plan for what we will eat on Friday (that is when everyone will gather this year) I have to remember I won't be doing the work because of my right hand healing.

First I need to check the weight of the turkey and the lamb (a Stewart family dinner tradition) and figure out how much baking time is needed for both. Then establish a schedule for cooking so that everything gets done in time for a noon dinner. 

Next I need to make a list of other things that need to be done including the meals for our Virginia family that arrives today. John already started planning those meals as we needed to buy groceries for the week.  The table will need to be set and an extension table will be needed for the 16 to sit around on Friday. 

"At mealtime Boaz said to her (Ruth), "Come over here. Have some bread and dip it in the wine vinegar." When she sat down with the harvesters, he offered her some roasted grain. She ate all she wanted and had some left over," (Ruth 2:14 NIV).

As we gather together on Friday our hearts will be full. Having the whole family together is such a huge blessing and not one I take for granted. I'm thankful for each and everyone who will join us. I pray for each of you to have a blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy the preparation and planning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment