Thursday, July 9, 2015

In God We Trust

"Trust in God; trust also in me" (John 14:1 NIV).

It seems our country has moved a long way from where it was when it first chose to use "In God We Trust" as a theme. At least no one has successfully pushed to have it removed, yet. God must be so saddened by the direction the USA has taken. The loss of prayer in schools and their drive toward secularism is also sad to watch. But there is still hope if we are still willing to keep the faith.

After 9-11 researchers say there was a rush of people who returned to churches, seeking comfort and direction. But, it was only a brief return for what they found in the churches wasn't what they were looking for. It's been evaluated that the church wasn't ready to help the hurting, the bewildered, the lost. That's a sad commentary on our religious institutions. Hopefully not on all churches.

What can we do to start making a difference? As individuals it is time to turn up our investment in our faith and reach out to those who are broken and bring them into the church again. Or keep doing the work of the church, one on one. Keep our trust in God wholeheartedly and share that belief with others so they too can know Christ and trust in Him.

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things that these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." (John 14: 12-14 NIV).



No comments:

Post a Comment