Monday, July 27, 2015

Sending Hugs

Sometimes words don't go far enough. They make the statement but they don't express the emotion. It's kind of like writing a sentence with a period instead of an explanation mark. Sometimes you just need a hug to go with the words.

I'm a hugging kind of person. Not everyone is. There is nothing better than a good hug between friends. Long hugs are expressions of comfort and understanding. Brief hugs are short and filled with sweetness. Hugs say, "I love you" and "I care about you."

Sometimes I need a God hug. I need to spend more time with my Lord and Savior and feel His loving presence encircle and enfold me. That's the best kind of hug. The kind that leaves a permanent, lasting impression. It's the only kind of hug that can fill the holes of loneliness and grief. God's hugs are so good.

"(Jesus) took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them, "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me" (Mark 9:36-37 NIV).

If you're having one of those days when you really need a hug, consider yourself hugged, and seek God's comfort as if you were still a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment