Thursday, April 14, 2016

Energy On Empty

It is hard to write an encouraging blog when you feel overwhelmed and too tired to even come up with a topic for the day. I know as I get pressured by time I will again be energized to get going on the 'to do' list. But today I just feel unmotivated and lazy. I haven't exercised for several days so my metabolism is probably flatlined. So I'm seeking God's encouragement through scripture especially today.

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody" (1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 NIV).

Scripture warns us to avoid people like me. It tells us to earn our keep; work to pay for food or do not eat. Don't be a burden to anyone else. Live a life that is worthy of being a role model to others. Not today.

"We worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: If a man will not work, he shall not eat. We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. And as  for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right" (2 Thessalonians 3:8-13 NIV).

I know what is right to do; I just need to get up and go. I know if I place my feet on the treadmill I will have the energy to keep walking, it is just my inner mind that tries to talk me out of it, quite successfully at times. Today, I must grasp God's strength and allow it to pull me into action. I will leave behind my inactivity and move forward with His nudge and His hand in mine. Trusting Him to lead me where I need to go, and fill me with His power.


No comments:

Post a Comment