Thursday, April 7, 2016

Moving Madness

Panic is setting in. There is too much stuff. I am kind of a neat freak so moving activities put me on the edge. We have piles for garage sales and stacks to pack and stuff I won't even touch until May because they are still needed for our daily routines. There are pictures on the walls that have to come down and rugs that need to come up. I don't like disorder in my life so this is really a test for me to keep my calm.

There is still plenty of time to accomplish everything but it just feels like I'm in a holding zone. Fortunately the biggest mess is still in the basement and I can escape it by coming upstairs. I've made good progress on all the stuff that I probably should be getting rid of. I'm fearful that I'll fill up the new house with "old stuff" before we move in any of the real stuff we need. I hired a mover yesterday and that is a huge relief. Our old backs can't do what they used to so we got some professionals lined up with the right equipment and know-how to make the move go smoothly.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:4-7 NIV).

What a blessing this verse is to me. My Bible opened to this today and it is just what I needed to read. I have so much to be thankful for and that is where my focus needs to remain. I pause and take deep breathes allowing my mind and heart to focus on Jesus and I feel calm again. Sometimes we just let the pressures outside of us control what is inside and that's when we become anxious, irritated and stressed. All I need to do is possible with Christ Jesus. Today I will do what I need to do and tomorrow will still arrive after the night sky disappears.

1 comment: