Monday, April 18, 2016

Random Thoughts for a Monday

I am feeling frustration with my computer today. I am hooked up to my WiFi but the computer kept saying I had no connection when I tried to get into Google programs including Gmail and my blog. I reset my hot spot and it continued so I wonder if it is an issue with Google. It's over my head. Finally it let me in to BlogSpot so I'll try to make this fast today. I may or may not get this posted today.

If you read this blog regularly you probably remember me writing about our window-diving robin. Well she is back. Same window that she started on, a big picture window in our dining room. She sits on top of a bush that comes up a few inches above the bottom of the window. She repeatedly flies into the window, makes a thud, then sits on the bush looking at the window. I've tried to scare her away and she will fly a safe distance, wait and return when I leave the window. She must not hit it hard enough to hurt herself; she only flies about a foot in distance. However, she leaves behind little feathers and (excuse my language) poop all over the window. This disturbs me. I like clean windows to look through. Last year she eventually built a nest up on the ledge near the top window (that's harder to clean - requiring a tall ladder and is a big hassle.)

Yes, we still have a female cardinal who attacks the window in our closet, also. She stays here year-round and I believe has a nest in the bush that is below that window. Maybe the key is to not have bushes near your windows! Guess we will be leaving our quirky birds behind when we move.

One last thought, our Sunday school class just finished up a study on the book of Revelation. It was really eye-opening. I learned so much and have a greater understanding than I did when we began, for sure. But the book is definitely challenging, yet filled with truth that we must pay attention to. The days Revelation warns about may be closer than we want to believe. John describes what we should cry out from our hearts:

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come...you are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being" (Revelation 4:8, 11 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment