Monday, October 1, 2018

Welcome October!

October! Welcome! Time to turn the calendar page to a new month. My sheep calendar in our bedroom shows a mama sheep and twin babies looking at the camera.

By now you probably know how much I love sheep. We raised show sheep for more than 25 years before we moved to Ankeny. I started collecting sheep sometime before that. The collection of sheep moved with us as they don't require pasture land, hay or manure scooping. Just dusting and I manage to do that a couple times a year!

I don't know why the sheep make me so happy, but whenever I look at them I smile. John counted my sheep about 10 years ago and I had over 300, I believe. I don't add to my collection very often these days as I've run out of room. But, I did find a very unique rocking lamb recently that I had to get. I don't know what will happen to my collection when I die. I keep trying to spark interest in them with my grandchildren, but so far no takers.

Sheep have always reminded me of my Savior, Jesus Christ and the love He has for us. The scriptures use the illustration of sheep to represent sinners who need the Shepherd to save them. I am a sheep, sometimes lost, but as a believer I am His and forever saved. Thank you, God, for sending Jesus Christ to save us.

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations," (Psalm 100 NIV).

What a blessed day we have to rejoice in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. May October bring you time to worship the Lord with gladness, thanksgiving and praise!




No comments:

Post a Comment