Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Glow of God's Beauty

Good morning! The bright moon was shining all night and is high in the sky this morning. Thank you, Lord, for the blessings of Your beauty. Each time I repositioned myself, trying to get comfortable, I noticed the long moonshadows and I smiled inside. I purposely left the curtains partially open so I could see the brilliance of the moon last night. I've been admiring it for several nights and it never gets old.

There are plenty of beautiful things to see during the sunlight this time of year, also. Fall is a lovely time of year, one of my favorites, and I love the colors of autumn. The plants are just beginning to change in Iowa so we have much to look forward to. Although each season holds its own unique characteristics, we also have art that we can admire even on the most barren of winter days.

I was pleased to hear that our church is featuring an artist from the congregation each week of a new sermon series on the Parables. I appreciate artists for their talents and I'm amazed by the unique craftsmanship that is his- or her-own. Their skills are God-given, as are all of our gifts and talents, I believe.

So how do you shine the light of Jesus on others? Are you an artist? A photographer? A teacher? A gardener? A seamstress? A cook? A farmer? A nurse? A mother? A postal worker? A computer geek? A babysitter? A grandpa? A knitter? A soccer mom? An executive? A sheep raiser? A dog trainer? A lawyer? A policewoman? A fireman? A musician? A bus driver? A secretary? An accountant?

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life--your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life--and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him," (Romans 12:1-2 MSG).

Whatever you do today, do it with the glow of Christ's love and I know God will use your beauty to bless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment