Monday, September 17, 2018

God's Precious Word

I love it when I'm directed to a scripture, I open my Bible, and I find I've already marked those verses as important to me. I'm a Bible marker. I'm sure at some point, early-on, I felt the Bible was too holy and precious to write in and many people feel that way. I respect that. But, I need to mark The Word in my Bible that speaks to me.

Different verses speak to me on different days. Some verses speak to me every day. They are marked repeatedly in my Bible with underlining, some with stars or explanation points next to them, others with additional notations. I'm drawn to those scriptures time and time again.

In my many years of life, I've gone through many Bibles, of different translations. In fact, I must have four or five that have been well used for study and all contain my markings. Now, marketers even encourage you to use colored pencils or artistic drawings in the margins of specially designed Bibles. I haven't purchased one of those. I prefer to used my well-worn and used Bibles because of the previous markings I've made.

Some people memorize scripture but I just can't seem to do that. That's why I like to mark the scriptures to go back to time and time again; reinforcing the messages I want to try to remember. No matter how you study your Bible, God impresses each message we need at the moment upon our hearts.

"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ," (Romans 10:17 NIV).

Perhaps as you go through your day, God will speak to you from The Word, a scripture you have heard or read before. Cherish that in your heart and let it direct your comings and goings of today.
Open your Good Book and let God speak to you through it. You will be blessed and your faith will swell.

God's Word is a light on my path.
 I will let God lead me today.


No comments:

Post a Comment