Monday, December 31, 2018

Endings and Beginnings

New Year's Eve blessings to you all. Will you celebrate with bubbly champagne and noisemakers? Music and dancing? By watching the Waterford Crystal ball drop as 2019 arrives?

Midnight is past my bedtime so I will probably be sleeping when all the excitement of a new year arrives. It will come and go without my noticing. My traditional activity for the end of the year is to fill out my calendar for the new year. I transfer birthdays and appointments to the crisp clean pages of 2019. It is my way of saying goodbye to all that happened in 2018 and think ahead to the days of the coming year. Life moves so quickly now that I am old.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil--this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him," (Ecclesiastes 3:11-14 NIV).

Each day holds its own beauty. There are moments to cherish in each hour of the day. There are memories to reflect on and new events approaching to consider. Time ticks on. Minutes come and go. Life passes before our eyes. God is present in every instant.

As I pause to pray on this New Year's Eve, I thank God for His presence and protection throughout the year and ask Him for guidance, grace and strength for the coming year. May you be blessed by God's love and mercy in 2019. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment