Thursday, January 3, 2019

A Sheepless Year

This year will be the first year the Stewart family does not have sheep. As John and Brady have been closing out the last of sheep equipment, it has become real to me that there aren’t going to be any more sheep shows for us, or our grandchildren. That makes me sad. They are so talented at showing sheep that I hate to see this come to an end. But, there are new possibilities ahead and I know they will make us proud in different ways in 2019.

Sheep will remain precious to me because I love sheep. They remind me of my Savior and Shepherd, Jesus Christ. They are a symbol of my life, of my needing a shepherd to follow. Sheep remind me that Jesus is the Lamb of God, the One who sacrificed His life to be on the cross to cover my sins and your sins so we could have a relationship with God.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
He leads me beside quiet waters, 
He restores my soul. 
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 
Even though I walk through he valley of the shadow of death,
 I will fear no evil, for you are with me; 
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. 
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, 
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever,” 
(Psalm 23:1-6 NIV). 

As you begin a New Year may the 23rd Psalm be precious to you, giving you a vision of what God holds in store for us today and when Jesus returns. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment