Thursday, July 4, 2019

Freedom

As Americans we enjoy many freedoms. Some were earned by battles and individual lives laid down, scarred, and forever changed. Other freedoms were gifted to us by our Savior Jesus Christ. We are a blessed people, yet, many of our people have slipped away from what our forefathers entrusted them.


On this Independence Day 2019 I will focus on our freedoms and those who earned them. I am grateful for the lives lost in battle so I can be free. I am thankful for the sacrifices made by individual men and women on the battlefield and in their time of service to our country.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery," (Galatians 5:1 NIV).

I will turn my back to Satan and grasp the freedom from sin that Jesus earned for me by dying on the cross and covering my sins with His blood. What a blessing!

Today I will focus on faith, fly my flag, celebrate freedoms and independence, enjoy fireworks, think of my family, and rejoice with food and fun.

Happy Independence Day, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment